TOM KHA - Thai chicken coconut soup
400ml TCC coconut milk
2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Chicken Bouillon Powder
300g chicken fillet, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Squid fish sauce, to taste
5 pcs king oyster mushrooms, shredded
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 lemongrass stalks, diagonally sliced
5 cm piece of galangal, thinly sliced
5 kaffir lime leaves, torn
1 coriander root, bruised
1 red shallot, finely chopped
2 - 5 small red chillies, sliced
2 - 3 Tbsp lime juice, to taste
1 tsp sugar, to taste
2 Cups water
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. In a pot, add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, coriander root, shallot, chillies and water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add TCC coconut milk, sliced chicken fillets, king mushrooms and tomatoes
3. Add Squid fish sauce, Lee Kum Kee chicken powder and sugar to taste.
4. Turn up heat and return the soup to a boil then reduce heat to simmer until chicken is cooked.
5. Remove from heat, add Squid fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
6. Garnish with coriander.